China’s Heilongjiang Province massively steps up its research and development efforts to make fine, environmentally friendly hemp fibres a large-scale alternative to cotton. Additionally, experts work on hemp foods and pharmaceuticals. Western companies are invited to participate in the hemp boom.
China is currently trying to attract cooperation partners from Europe and North America, in particular for the production and marketing of organic hemp foods, by offering them an excellent infrastructure and investment subsidies. Science, politics, agriculture and industry in the Heilongjiang region are serious about hemp. And they have the ressources to conjure up a large-scale modern hemp industry out of almost nothing.
Source: Bio-based News – 2017
- Natural fibres production reaches 30 million tons
- Record cultivation of industrial hemp in Europe in 2016
- Why using European hemp for automotive applications?
- The 14th International Conference of the European Industrial Hemp Association
- World debut for the first sustainably certified natural fibre for automotive applications