An exciting year lies behind us. The second year with a global pandemic and the direct and indirect consequences for international cultivation and trade in natural fibres. Increasing environmental awareness in Europe and the world has led governments to focus on renewable and recyclable products. Cotton, Wool and other natural fibres have experienced a significant price increase, as have all energies and raw materials.
As every year, DNFI invites its members and all natural fibre supporters from around the world to its annual meeting. Like last year, this will be done online only, much to the regret of the members of the steering committee.
DNFI Steering Committee Meeting 2022:
Date: 13 January 2022 – 03:00 to 05:00 PM CEST
Place: online event with ZOOM (The link will be displayed here after login ->)
If you are already registered with DNFI, but have lost your credential, recover your password.
- 2:45 PM: Establish internet connections with people attending via Zoom.com (Login)
- 3:00 PM: Welcome and introductions
- 3:05 PM: DNFI Award 2021 – Ms. Maryam Naebe, Deakin University, Institute for Frontier Materials (IFM)
- 3:10 PM: Make the Label Count Initiative – Introduction by Ms. Emma Gittoes
- 3:25 PM: Reports about supply and use of naturel fibres in 2021 and outlook for 2022
- Update on world natural fibres production and employment by Mr. Terry Townsend, DNFI
- The global natural fibres situation by Mr. El Mamoun Amrouk, FAO
- Situation with Jute and Kenaf by Mr. Thomas Bressler, Wilhelm G. Clasen (WGC)
- Statistics and outlook for Cotton by Mr. Kai Huges, Mr. Mathew Looney, ICAC
- Report on Sisal in South America and Africa, Mr. Oliver Reimer-Wollenweber, Wilhelm G. Clasen (WGC)
- Report on Fique fibres by Mr. Cristian Sieger, Compañia de Empaques
- Market development of Wool and outlook 2022 by Ms. Dalena White, IWTO
- Report on Alpaca in Peru by Mr. Jaanus Vosu
- Other fibres according availability of speakers
- 4:10 PM: DNFI Web site – Report on use and utility by Mr. Stefan Schmidt
- 4:15 PM: Confirmation of DNFI Chair and Vice Chair
- Ms. Elke Hortmeyer, Director of Communications and International Relations, Bremen Cotton Exchange was elected to a two-year term as Chair
- Ms. Dalena White, Secretary General, International Wool Textile Organisation was elected to a two-year term as Vice Chair
- Both are willing to serve an additional term. Other nomination will be accepted.
- 4:25 PM: Calendar of DNFI Activities for 2022
- 4:35 PM: Any other business and Adjourn